- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
June 1 is World Milk Day, a global campaign that encourages families everywhere to enjoy milk and appreciate the benefits of dairy products. Dairy has health benefits for the whole family – and Nestlé adds vitamins and minerals to increase the benefits while improving the livelihoods of farmers.
Did you ever wonder about how Nestlé’s powdered milk is made? Here’s how it works:
- Milk is collected from local farmers. As soon as the milk arrives at our Mossel Bay factory, it’s tested in the laboratory to check the quality.
- The milk is spray-dried to remove water, which leaves nothing behind but 100% pure powdered milk. The water that’s collected during drying at our Mossel Bay factory is used to run the factory processes. This has reduced the factory’s water usage by almost half.
- Vitamins and minerals are added to give you and your family the nutrients you need.
- The milk is then packaged, ready for you and your family to enjoy the goodness with love.
Did You Know?
Milk contains natural sugar known as lactose, and good-quality protein. Milk is a great source of calcium. 9 cups of broccoli contain the same amount of calcium as 2 glasses of milk.
This World Milk Day, let’s raise a glass to everyone who brings us milk, from farm to table!