- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
45 - 50 min
- Clean and shell 16 tiger prawns, set aside and reserve the shells.
- Blanch 6 scored tomatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water until the skin splits, refresh, peel, remove seeds, coarsely chop flesh and set aside.
- Heat ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add 2 finely chopped onions, 6 finely chopped cloves of garlic and 2 sprigs each of thyme, oregano and basil and 1 fresh bay leaf and sauté until onion softens.
- Increase heat to high, add the shells of the prawns and a pinch of saffron and stir occasionally until the shells turn pink.
- Add the chopped tomato and 4 cups (1 L) water and simmer gently for 30 mins until infused. Strain through a fine sieve into a clean saucepan, pressing on solids to extract liquid; solids can now be discarded.
- To the stock, add 4 tsp (20 ml) brandy and 1 tin (380 g) Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk, season to taste and keep warm.
- Return stock to low simmer and add 600 g trout cut into 3 cm pieces, 12 shelled green Norwegian mussels and the prawn meat, and stir occasionally until just cooked through. Season to taste.
- To serve, remove the fish, prawns and mussels from the stock and place in bowls. Pour over the stock and garnish with a sprig of parsley and a sprinkling of lemon zest. Serve with grilled sourdough bread. Oui!