- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
- Wash 1 kg chicken pieces in warm water.
- Whisk ½ cup (125 ml) Nestlé Dessert Cream with the zest of 1 lemon and let flavour infuse.
- Heat ¼ cup (60 ml) oil in a cooking pot.
- Brown chicken pieces in batches, remove and set aside.
- Add 100 g onion, green cardamom paste (see below) and 2 tsp (10 ml) ground black pepper to the same pot and fry over low heat for 2-3 min.
- Add 2 bay leaves, 2 Tbsp (30 ml) masala, 1 tsp (5 ml) turmeric, 1 tsp (5 ml) chilli powder and 2 tsp (10 ml) coriander powder.
- Sauté for 2 min, stirring often to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pot, adding water if necessary. Return chicken to pot and cook for further 5 min.
- Turn down heat and add lemon-infused Nestlé Dessert Cream, 3 medium chopped tomatoes and salt to taste. Sauté for a further 5 min.
- Add about 4 cups (1 litre) water, cover the pot and simmer over a low heat until the chicken is tender, approx. 30-40 min.
- Serve with warm rotis or rice.