- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
This filling meal is a slightly different take on the classic bacon, eggs and toast combo. This is something fun you can make for breakfast in the mornings with your kids.
- Fry 4 slices of bacon in a non-stick saucepan until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and drain the bacon. Set aside to cool.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter in the pan and set aside.
- Take 4 slices of brown bread, and use a cookie cutter to cut out a piece from the middle of each slice. You can use a plain round cookie cutter, or get creative with some fun shapes (star, heart, flower, etc).
- Brush all the slices and cutouts with the butter, and transfer them to a plate.
- Toast 2 of the bread slices and 2 cutouts in the skillet over medium heat, until browned on one side, about 1 minute.
- Crack 1 egg into each hole, and sprinkle each slice of toast with 1 tablespoon of grated cheese. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip the slices and cutouts, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook for 2 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining 2 bread slices and cutouts.
- Crumble up the bacon, and sprinkle a little over each slice.