- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
30 - 40 min
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC. Pour 275 ml Nestlé Dessert Cream and 200 ml Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Beat together 3 egg yolks and 75 g light muscovado sugar and then whisk in half the hot milk and cream.
- Add egg mixture to the pot with the remaining milk and cook gently over a very low heat, stirring all the time, until it starts to thicken and coats the back of a spoon. This should take about 5 to 6 min.
- Stir the custard into 200 g melted Nestlé ALBANY Original Dark Chocolate, sieve into a clean bowl and add 2-3 tbsp (30-45 ml) brandy. Pour into ovenproof dishes and place in a roasting tin. Pour a little water into the tin, taking care that it does not spill into the custards. Bake for 20 to 30 min until lightly set.
- Allow to cool, then chill. Half an hour before serving, remove from fridge and sprinkle with castor sugar.
- Using a blowtorch heat the sugar until it melts into a firm caramel layer. Stand brûlées at room temperature for 30 min before serving.