- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
25 - 30 min
- Heat 2 Tbsp (30 ml) oil in a large frying pan. Fry 1 chopped onion until translucent.
- Add 300 g diced aubergine, 5 cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated, 2 cloves crushed garlic, 2 tsp (10 ml) MAGGI Chilli Sauce (or to taste), 1 x 70 g can tomato paste and cook for 1 min.
- Add 1 tsp (5 ml) salt, 2 tsp (10 ml) sugar, 1 tsp (5 ml) turmeric, 1 tsp (5 ml) ground coriander, ½ tsp (2.5 ml) ground cumin, 3 Tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice and 1 cup (250 ml) water.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat until aubergine is very soft. (Add a little extra water during cooking if mixture becomes too dry.)
- Whisk ⅔ cup (160ml) Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk and 2 tsp (10 ml) flour together and add to the aubergine mixture.
- Cook for 3 minutes until mixture has thickened and then stir in 3 Tbsp (45ml) chopped coriander. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Scatter over some extra coriander leaves and serve with naan bread.