- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Cream 200 g butter and 5 tsp (25 ml) sugar. Add 2 eggs and mix.
- dd 75 g grated Parmesan cheese, 75 g grated Emmenthaler cheese and 330 g flour and work into a dough.
- Wrap in clingfilm and allow pastry to rest in fridge for 30 min.
- Roll out the pastry and line 1 large quiche mould or 6 individual quiche moulds.
- Return the lined mould(s) to the fridge for a further 10 minutes.
- Blind bake** the dough for 5-8 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 160° C.
- Meanwhile, combine 400 ml Nestlé Dessert Cream, 3 eggs and 1 extra egg yolk, and whisk together. Add 70g sliced black forest ham, 1 cup (250 ml) sliced wild mushrooms, 80 g goat’s milk cheese, 1 Tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh parsley, salt and pepper to taste, and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry shell(s), still in the mould(s). Bake in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes or until quiche mixture is almost set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the mould(s).
- Best served at room temperature and prepared 24 hours ahead.
- Place baking paper over the pastry base, cutting the covering wide enough to make sure it covers the edges as well.
- Place dried beans, dry rice, dry lentils or pie weights on top of the covering. This prevents the pastry base from rising through air bubbles, which would leave it uneven and weakened.
- Place the pie dish in an oven at the temperature and for the length of time suggested by the recipe.
- Remove the dish from the oven, remove weights and allow the pastry to cool for 3-5 minutes before adding the filling.