- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
20 - 25 min
- Place 1 ½ cups (375ml) flour, 2 eggs, ½ cup (125ml) Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk, ½ cup (125ml) water and 1 tsp (5ml) salt in the food processor and blend until the pancake mixture is smooth and runny, about 1 – 2 mins.
- Pre-heat a non-stick pan, using a little oil or cooking spray (grease the pan before cooking each new pancake).
- When pan is hot, add some of the pancake mixture and move the pan from side to side to ensure that the bottom is covered by batter. Drain any excess back into the batter bowl.
- Cook each pancake on both sides for 1 to 1½ mins.
- Continue until all batter is finished. (Aim for 8 large pancakes).
- For the filling, add 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter to a pre-heated pan closely followed by 250g chopped mushrooms and 100 g chopped leeks. Add 2 Tbsp (30ml) flour into the pan and quickly stir in 1 small tin (155g) Nestlé Dessert Cream to create a thickening sauce.
- Add 50 g grated cheddar cheese, continually stirring until a consistent creamy filling is formed. Cook for longer if not thick enough.
- Divide filling between pancakes with a pinch of salt and pepper, roll into cigars and serve hot.