- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
50 - 60 min
8 - 10
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Grease a 22 cm square cake pan.
- Sift 3 cups (750 ml) flour, ¾ cup (180 ml) Nestlé Cocoa Powder, 1 ½ cups (375 ml) castor sugar, 1 tsp (5 ml) salt and 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) bicarbonate of soda. Sift these ingredients together twice.
- Mix 1 ½ cups (375 ml) water and 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla essence and 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp (280 ml) mayonnaise together and add to dry ingredients. Mix lightly.
- Fold in ½ cup (125 ml) chopped cherries and 50 g chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 - 60 mins or until done. Turn out to cool.
- Combine 1 can (360 g) NESTLÉ Caramel TREAT and 200 g melted NESTLÉ ALBANY Original Dark Chocolate together and spread over cooled cake.
- Decorate as desired. To serve as a pudding, omit topping and serve warm with custard, Nestlé Dessert Cream or ice cream.