- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
10 - 15 min
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to the boil. Once boiling, add 3 cored, peeled, quartered apples and 3 cored, peeled, quartered pears and blanch for ± 3 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Place the blanched fruit with 150 g Maraschino cherries in a non-stick saucepan and add 250 g brown sugar, ½ cup (125 ml) red wine, 1 Tbsp (15 ml) honey and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Bring to the boil and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 3 min, until the compote has thickened slightly.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once the compote has cooled, serve with a generous amount of Nestlé Dessert Cream.