- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
Khulfi is an Indian dessert made of the richest of milk. Unlike ordinary ice-cream in that it contains no air, it is a dense frozen block. The flavours are whatever you fancy: pistachio, mango, saffron, to name a few. Serve khulfi when there’s something to celebrate and see how it spreads happiness.
3 - 4 hrs
6 - 8
- Pound 16 green cardamom pods with 2 tbsp (30 ml) castor sugar and discard husks.
- Heat 7 Tbsp (105ml) milk and ½ of a 380 g can Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk until just coming to the boil.
- Add cardamom sugar and another 220 g castor sugar.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Place 1 x can guavas (410 g), deseeded and chopped, 1 Tbsp (15ml) rose water, remaining ½ can IDEAL milk, 1 can (290 g) Nestlé Dessert Cream, the milk and sugar mixture and a few drops pink food colouring in blender and process until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a freezer-proof dish and freeze for 2 - 3 hours or until slushy.
- Turn into a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pour into paper drinking cups and return to the freezer. Allow to freeze.
- To serve: peel the paper cups off the khulfis and serve sprinkled with rose petals.