- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
- Heat ¼ cup (60 ml) butter in a large saucepan with a lid. Add 1 finely chopped medium onion and sauté over low heat until translucent.
- Add 8 chicken pieces and brown lightly on both sides. Add 1 seeded, chopped green pepper, 1 large seeded, chopped tomato, 1 clove finely chopped garlic and 1 Tbsp (15 ml) sweet or hot Hungarian paprika.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in ¾ cup (180 ml) water. Bring to the boil.
- Cook for about 35 mins or till chicken is tender (20 mins or less if it’s breast meat only).
- Remove chicken to heated platter and keep warm.
- Make sour cream by adding lemon juice, to taste, to 1 cup (250 ml) Nestlé Dessert Cream.
- Add a spoonful of the pan juices to soured Nestlé Dessert Cream to “temper??? the mixture (bring closer to the cooking temperature of the pot).
- Stir in tempered sour cream mixture and slowly add 2 Tbsp (30 ml) flour (or less if required) to pan until sauce thickens.
- Return chicken to pan, tossing and warming thoroughly in the sauce.
- Serve with rice or buttered noodles.