- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
55 - 56 min
- For the meatballs, combine 450g lamb mince, 2 - 3 chopped spring onions, 2 chopped green chillies, 1 Tbsp (15 ml) fresh chopped coriander, 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon, 1 tsp (5 ml) garam masala, 2 grated garlic cloves, 1 x 5cm piece grated ginger and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Shape into golf-ball-sized meatballs. Set aside.
- For the sauce, heat ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil in a non-stick pan, add 2 sliced medium onions and fry until golden-brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving the oil in the pan, and drain onions on kitchen paper. Set aside a tablespoon for the garnish.
- Blend the rest of the onions into a smooth paste together with 150 ml Nestlé Dessert Cream soured with 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice, 3 small green chillies, 1 small bunch coriander and mint, 2 garlic cloves, 5cm piece of fresh ginger, 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin, 1 tsp (5 ml) ground fennel, ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) turmeric, the juice of ½ a lemon, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Reheat the oil used to fry the onions, add the paste and cook for 2 – 5 mins, then pour in 700 ml hot water and bring to the boil. When sauce is bubbling, add the meatballs. Return to the boil, lower heat, partially cover with lid, and simmer for 30 – 45 mins until sauce has thickened, the meatballs are cooked through and the oil has started to separate.
- Garnish with 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Nestlé Dessert Cream, whisked smooth, 1 Tbsp (15 ml) fried onions, a handful of toasted, flaked almonds and 1 Tbsp (15ml) chopped mint or coriander.