- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
60 - 90 min
- Pour 1,2 L whole milk into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Continue to boil for about 30 mins, adjusting the heat to prevent it boiling over, and occasionally stirring to ensure that it does not stick to the base.
- Next add 1 ¾ cup (425 ml) Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk. As the milk thickens, stir continuously to prevent it sticking to the pan. Once the consistency is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, remove from heat.
- Gradually add 115 g sugar, (or more to taste) a little at a time, stirring briskly to ensure the consistency remains smooth. Place pan back on a medium to low heat and cook until mixture thickens and sugar dissolves.
- As soon as the milk becomes the consistency of thick soup, remove from heat and set aside.
- Once mixture has cooled, add 1 can litchis, drained and finely chopped, 1 – 2 Tbsp (15 – 30 ml) ground almonds and ½ tsp (2.5 ml) ground cardamom and whisk until evenly combined. Pour mixture into a plastic ice cream container and place in freezer for about an hour until semi-set.
- Remove from freezer and whisk with a fork in the container. Make sure consistency is smooth. If individual portions are desired, divide into moulds now.
- Return to freezer and allow to set.