- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
35 - 45 min
8-12 (depending on the size of the slice you cut for yourself!)
- Preheat the oven to 180° C and lightly grease 2 x 25 cm springform pans, dusting the bottom and the sides with Nestlé Cocoa Powder. Set aside.
- In a double boiler or a stainless steel bowl set over simmering water, melt 320 g (4 slabs) Nestlé ALBANY Dark Chocolate.
- Meanwhile, beat 250 g butter until creamy.
- Add 1 ½ cups (375 ml) castor sugar and beat for 3-4 min, or until fluffy.
- Add in 6 eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat until creamy.
- Add 1 cup (250 ml) Nestlé Cocoa Powder, 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon, ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) cayenne pepper and ¾ cup (180 ml) Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk, beating until combined.
- Spread evenly between the prepared pans and bake until the tops crack and a toothpick inserted into the center emerges clean, about 35-45 min.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Meanwhile melt 80 g (1 slab) Nestlé ALBANY Dark Chocolate
- Spread half the melted chocolate over the top of 1 sponge, top with the other sponge and drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top.
- Serve cold or at room temperature, topped with fresh raspberries and freshly whipped cream.