- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
50 - 60 min
- Preheat oven to 190 ˚C Spray a 23cm non-stick pie pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup (250 ml) butter and 1 cup (250 ml) white sugar until smooth.
- Separate 3 eggs (reserving egg whites till later), add 3 egg yolks to butter mixture and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift in 1 cup (250 ml) cake flour, 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder and ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) salt, and stir until well blended.
- Mix in 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla essence and 4 cups (1000 ml) Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk.
- In a separate bowl, whip the reserved egg whites to stiff peaks, using an electric beater if you have one. Fold into the batter.
- Pour into the prepared pie pan, and sprinkle 1 Tbsp (15 ml) cinnamon sugar over the top.
- Bake for 25 min in the preheated oven, then reduce the temperature to 165 ˚C. Continue to bake for 25 to 30 min, or until the centre is set.
- Delicious hot or cold.