- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
35 - 40 min
- Melt 4 tsp (20 ml) butter and 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil in a saucepan and sauté 2 finely chopped garlic cloves and 1 finely chopped red onion for about 2 mins.
- Stir in 3Tbsp (45 ml) fresh thyme, stalks removed.
- Add 400 g chopped mixed mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms have cooked.
- Stir in ¼ cup (60 ml) freshly grated Parmesan and pour in 4 cups (1 litre) good quality chicken stock.
- Bring to boil, lower to a simmer and cook for about 20 mins.
- Pour in ½ cup (125 ml) Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk (Nestlé IDEAL Low Fat Evaporated Milk may also be used) and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Blend until smooth, best with a hand blender.
- Pour into serving bowls, drizzle with olive oil and top with dollops of Nestlé Dessert Cream and fresh thyme leaves.