- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
4 - 6
- Cook 500 g of your favourite pasta according to packet instructions, drain, return to pot tossed in some olive oil and set aside covered.
- Place 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter and ½ cup (125 ml) chopped onion in a large saucepan and sauté for 3 min or until golden.
- Add ½ tsp (2.5 ml) crushed garlic and stir through the onion. Add 50 ml good quality vodka (optional) and cook for about 1 minute or until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Add 2 cups (500 ml) Nestlé Dessert Cream, reserving ¼ cup (60 ml). Simmer over a moderate heat, stirring often until slightly reduced.
- Stir in 125 g sliced smoked salmon, cut into thin strips, salt to taste, a good grinding of black pepper and the prepared pasta.
- Mix 3 egg yolks with the reserved Nestlé Dessert Cream, then stir into the hot pasta and cook for a further minute, stirring gently until heated through. Adjust seasoning and turn into a heated serving dish.
- Serve garnished with a scattering of sliced spring onions.