- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
- Dry fry 2 tsp (10 ml) cumin seeds and ½ tsp (2.5ml) chilli flakes or powder for 1 minute or until they start to jump around in the pan and release their aroma.
- Add 1 Tbsp (15 ml) oil and 1 chopped red onion, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in ½ cup (125 g) split red lentils, 3 ½ cups (875ml) beef or vegetable stock and 1 tin (410 g) chopped tomatoes, then bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until lentils have softened.
- Add ½ tin (200 g) drained and rinsed chickpeas. (Freeze leftovers.)
- Heat gently, season well and stir in a small bunch of chopped coriander.
- Lastly stir in 1 small can (155g) Nestlé Dessert Cream and warm through.
- Serve with warm speciality bread, e.g. cheese and herb loaf.
- Tip: for a hotter soup simply add more chilli.