- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
- For dough, mix ½ cup (125 ml) softened butter and ¼ cup (60 ml) sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 1 beaten egg, 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract and ¼ cup (60ml) Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk.
- Sift ¼ cup (60ml) Nestlé Cocoa Powder and 2 cups (500 ml) flour.
- Mix into butter mixture until thoroughly blended, adding more Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk if dough is not coming together.
- Chill dough until firm enough to handle (about 30 mins).
- Preheat oven to 180˚ C.
- Using 2 tsp (10ml) dough, roll a rope about 20 – 30 cm long between your hands.
- To shape into a pretzel, make a loop about 4 cm in diameter by crossing the ends, leaving 2.5 cm tails.
- Flip the loop down over the crossed ends. Press firmly into place.
- Place pretzels on greased baking sheets and bake for about 10 minutes.
- For the frosting, in a small bowl mix 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Nestlé Cocoa Powder and 1 ¼ cups (310 ml) icing sugar.
- Gradually stir in 2 Tbsp (30 ml) melted butter and ½ tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla extract.
- If frosting is too thick, thin with a little Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk.
- When pretzels come out of the oven, place on a cooling rack and brush or drizzle with frosting. Set aside to cool.
- When pretzels are cool, dust with icing sugar.