- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
Popcorn is the ultimate movie night snack for families. Popping your own kernels at home is better than buying pre-popped and packaged popcorn, as it gives you more control over the ingredients (and the kilojoules) that go into the toppings. This spicy popcorn is just one great example. It’s a great recipe for those who like a bit of heat!
5 adults or 10 children
- Pop 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in a saucepan (or in an air popper, for oil-free popping). This should make about 10 cups.
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce.
- In a small cup, mix together 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, ½ a teaspoon of salt and ½ a teaspoon of pepper.
- Pour the Tabasco mixture over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle in the spice mixture, and serve.