- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
1¼ - 1 ½ hrs
- Preheat oven to 160˚ C.
- Warm 3 cups (750 ml) Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk slowly in a saucepan and remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups (375 ml) sugar; and a pinch of salt. Set aside to cool.
- When this mixture is cool enough, add 3 lightly beaten eggs, 2 Tbsp (30 ml) melted butter, 2 Tbsp (30 ml) finely grated chocolate, 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon rind and 1 cup raisins (optional).
- Stir in 4-6 cups (1-1.5 L) cubed dry bread (French or other). Start with 4 cups, stir in and allow to absorb. If the mixture looks very runny keep adding bread till mixture is thick.
- Pour into a greased 23 cm springform pan and sprinkle the top with ¼ cup (60ml) pine nuts (optional).
- Bake in oven for 1¼ - 1½ hours or till egg is set and pulling away from the sides.