- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
60 - 70min
4 - 6
- In a large pot, place 1 whole chicken, 1 stalk lemongrass (bruised with a spoon handle), 1 large garlic clove, 1 onion and 1 piece of ginger, all chopped with their skins on, a handful of fresh coriander with stalks, ½ tsp (2.5 ml) fish sauce, black pepper and 1 can (300 g) Nestlé IDEAL Coconut Flavour Cook-in Milk.
- Simmer for an hour.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the pot and allow to cool just enough to be able to handle it.
- Remove skin and discard.
- Debone chicken, discard bones and shred meat.
- Strain the cooking liquid into a smaller pot to form the broth. Place on a low heat and keep warm till serving.
- Soak 1 packet of Chinese noodles in boiling water for 3 min, drain and set aside.
- Splash a little soy sauce in the bottom of each individual soup bowl.
- Divide the noodles and [z1] chicken meat evenly between the bowls and cover with broth.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, fresh chopped chilli and a dash of olive or sesame oil.
- Serve immediately.