- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
8 - 10
- Preheat oven to 190˚ C.
- Roll out 400 g defrosted unsweetened shortcrust pastry and line a 25 cm round dish.
- Bake blind ** for 10 to 15 mins, then remove beans and paper.
- Beat 3 eggs and mix in 1 can (290 g) Nestlé Dessert Cream, 1 x 200 g tin tuna, ½ a finely-chopped onion, 4 Tbsp (60 ml) MAGGI Sweet Chilli Sauce and 1 tsp (5 ml MAGGI LAZENBY Worcestershire Sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Pour into the half-cooked pastry case.
- Sprinkle ½ cup (125ml) grated cheddar cheese on top and bake for 30 to 40 mins till set and golden brown.
- Variations: for the tuna substitute pilchards, cooked chicken cut into small strips, mixed vegetables or creamed sweetcorn.
- Tip: great to freeze and reheat.
- **How to Bake Blind:
- Place baking paper over the pastry base, cutting the covering wide enough to make sure it covers the edges as well.
- Place dried beans, dry rice, dry lentils or pie weights on top of the covering. This prevents the pastry base from rising through air bubbles, which would leave it uneven and weakened.
- Place the pie dish in an oven at the temperature and for the length of time suggested by the recipe.
- Remove the dish from the oven, remove weights and allow the pastry to cool for 3-5 minutes before adding the filling.