- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
35 - 40 min
8 - 12
- Preheat oven to 170 ˚C.
- Grease and line a 23 cm round pan.
- In a double boiler, melt 250 g butter, 180 g good-quality white chocolate, 1½ cups (375 ml) sugar and ¾ cups (180 ml) Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk over low heat. Place remaining Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk from the can in the refrigerator to chill.
- Stir continuously until the sugar dissolves.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and then sift 1½ cups (375 ml) self-raising flour into the bowl.
- Add 2 lightly beaten eggs and 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla essence and stir to combine.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and bake for 15 min. Cover the top with foil and return to the oven for another 15 min.
- Cool the cake in the pan.
- For grape medley, dissolve ½ cup (125 ml) sugar in ¾ cup (180 ml) water in a deep saucepan over a medium heat, and then simmer until a caramel forms.
- Add 500 g of different varieties of grapes. Be careful to prevent the hot caramel from spattering.
- Add 1 Tbsp (15 ml) rosemary leaves and ¼ cup (60 ml) red wine. Stir until smooth.
- Strain and leave the grapes and caramel to cool separately.
- To serve, top the white chocolate mud cake with grapes and rosemary, and then drizzle over the wine caramel.
- Remove chilled Nestlé IDEAL Evaporated Milk from the fridge and whip till frothy, serve a scoop over each slice of cake.