- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
Whole Grains – The Benefits
Whole grains and foods made from them contain the entire grain seed: the bran, the endosperm and the germ. Whole grains are a good source of fibre, B vitamins, iron and antioxidants. Studies show that regular consumption of whole grains help to reduce the risk for coronary heart disease and certain types of cancer. Below are ways to boost your whole grains intake:
- Choose whole grain bread instead of white bread.
- Have a serving of whole grain breakfast cereals in the morning.
- Substitute half of the white rice with brown rice.
- Add oats to cookies or other desserts.