- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
As seasons change, so do our waistlines. It’s always good to get back into your routine, start fresh, and maintain the weight that makes you feel great!
Here are a few tips to get you back on track:
1. Create a customized meal plan
– Whether you are looking to maintain a healthy body weight or shed a few extra pounds, a dietician is qualified to assist you or simply ask our dietician.
2. Get active!
– The benefits of exercise go much further than fitting into your favourite pair of jeans. Aim for 30 minutes of physical activity at least three days a week; Exercise is good for your heart, muscles and bones. Too busy for exercise? Try breaking the 30 minutes down to 3 blocks of 10 minutes each and remember walking to the car and talking the stairs count towards your 30 minute goal.
3. Don’t starve yourself
– Going long periods without food can lead to over-indulging later in the day. Keep your metabolism strong by snacking throughout the day on healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains; aim to eat every 3 hours.
4. Make water your new best friend
– Water is not only cheap and easily accessible; it also fills you up, keeps you hydrated and helps flush waste products from your body. Bored of regular water? Try flavoured or carbonated water with a wedge of lemon or lime! Aim to drink at least 8 cups (2 litres) daily.
5. Fight cravings the healthy way
– Power past that afternoon craving by drinking water, taking a walk, or calling a friend to talk; distraction is key! If your craving overpowers the distraction try choosing healthier snack alternatives such as strawberries, low fat cheese, or popcorn. Your body will thank you later!