- NUTRITIONAL WELLNESS
- KNOW YOUR SERVING
- BODY SMART
- MEAL PLANNING
- TIPS & TRICKS
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS
Here are a few tips to get you back on track: 1. Create a customized meal plan
– Whether you are looking to maintain a healthy body weight or shed a few extra pounds, a dietician is qualified to assist you or simply ask our dietician.
2. Get active!
– The benefits of exercise go much further than fitting into your favourite pair of jeans. Aim for 30 minutes of physical activity at least three days a week; Exercise is good for your heart, muscles and bones. Too busy for exercise? Try breaking the 30 minutes down to 3 blocks of 10 minutes each and remember walking to the car and talking the stairs count towards your 30 minute goal.
3. Don’t starve yourself
– Going long periods without food can lead to over-indulging later in the day. Keep your metabolism strong by snacking throughout the day on healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains; aim to eat every 3 hours.
4. Make water your new best friend
– Water is not only cheap and easily accessible; it also fills you up, keeps you hydrated and helps flush waste products from your body. Bored of regular water? Try flavoured or carbonated water with a wedge of lemon or lime! Aim to drink at least 8 cups (2 litres) daily.
5. Fight cravings the healthy way
– Power past that afternoon craving by drinking water, taking a walk, or calling a friend to talk; distraction is key! If your craving overpowers the distraction try choosing healthier snack alternatives such as strawberries, low fat cheese, or popcorn. Your body will thank you later!